Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Country Detox

I know to a lot of people, Suboxone is a savior. It was a savior (and sort of still is) to me, although when the time comes to jump off this drug, at even the tiniest dose, we may as well have just cold turkeyed off of our retrospective opioids of choices. I was a codeine fiend mainly, downing anything up to 1200 mg's per day. 600mg's, twice daily. Someday I took more, although 1200 mg was my amount to feel sufficiently high and not dope sick. I did this for well over two years until I admitted defeat and sought treatment. I wish they had have just detoxed me then and there. Instead, I was imprisoned on the drug Suboxone. My doc says I may take it my whole life, no fucking way.

Now, onto the actual subject of a country detox I have been offered free rent on a 4 acre country property, living in a shack/caravan and maintaining and beautifying the land for as long as I need to take in my recovery from Suboxone then Lexapro. The tools and materials will be provided for me as necessary to construct shelters, gardens, grow vegetables and trees, and maintain the spectacular roses. For a few years now I've yearned for a country getaway and this is my chance, and I'm detoxing from my drug controlled life once and for all. Reclaiming myself.

These are the conditions I have imposed on myself in order to make this work.
  • I shall have my computer for music and internet. (hopefully my wireless works out there!)
  • I shall have a mobile phone for communication.
  • I shall not have a TV as I don't watch it anyway.
  • I have an agreement with the land owner (a good mate) to make sure I don't fail. He will make sure there is no way for me to get back home.
  • Visits will be on a weekend basis to bring deliveries, supplies etc.
  • I will exercise daily as much as possible to fatigue and exhaust myself so I can sleep.
  • I will document everything on paper and on the net. I can get others to post on my blog on my behalf if required.
  • I may have to 'call it off' with my partner as I cannot have any aggravations during the process. His help is in reality, a hindrance. He doesn't support this whole idea either.
  • Crossword puzzles and cryptic crosswords are a must to stimulate my brain. Cryptic crosswords are the only tool that allows us to use both sides of the brain at once!
  • I have bought a skipping rope, a basketball and pump and backboard, running shoes, training clothing, pedometer, dumbbells, Ab stretcher and abdominizer! I plan to get very fit and strong during the process instead of laying there crying and screaming.
I am mentally preparing for this whole ordeal and any support form anyone worldwide, would be so much appreciated. I am focusing on spirituality and healing my soul from the damage done.

Love and Light to all you lovely people.




No comments:

Post a Comment